Purchasing Lamp G4-hardware ?'s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I'm in the Saint Louis, MO area, and looking at a G4 Imac Lamp. They have a couple different models w/ different specs.

I was wondering if their were known hardware issues with this model that anyone knew of.

I don't want to purchase and end up putting more money towards parts replacements than what I originally payed for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
M

MacHeadCase

Thomas, Apple has a dedicated Support page for each iPod, Macintosh models, etc. This is the Support page for the iMac G4.

Usually, if a Mac model is subject to recalls you can see the links on the right sidebar so for the iMac G4, there are none. On the same page, under Troubleshooting, you can see some of the minor issues that are associated with the model and others as well.

Doesn't look too bad to me so I would say your choice is lookin' good, man! :)

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank your very much mhc! This is great information.

I wasn't aware all of that was on their support page. I was just wanting to make sure I wouldn't have issues right away with the lcd and the the adjustable arm.

M

MacHeadCase

I do know that with age the arm does get a bit loose, I've read. Like mine doesn't hold all the way up like it used to, but then again it doesn't flop down on the desk either.

If you're a guy that doesn't mind fixing things, I have seen on eBay some neck assemblies for iMac G4s.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh no I wouldn't mind making repairs here and there. It sounds to me as well that it would be a good deal. I just didn't want to spend a few hundred dollars on the arm...if worst came to worst I'll solder it into my ideal position lol.

I'm sketchy about purchasing it from this retailer though. It's mac headquarters in saint louis, MO. www.machq.com.

They want 499$ for a 700 mghz base model, no superdrive.

Mac2sell quoted at best for the set up 405$ or something like that for the exact specs. So I'm going to try and barter with the shop owner to match the price its worth a little bit better.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For real I know. I'm hoping the owner is willing to talk about the price cause right now its insane.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.