Air Port and base station.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" imac 2.66 1T 8GB
With my mac, I also purchased an air port base station to put in the garge to use as "airtunes"
What else can I use it for?
Can I hook a pc up to it and use it thru my mac for internet?

Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Did you buy the Airport Express??? Or the Extreme?

OP
Suzie68
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" imac 2.66 1T 8GB
Airport express
Works great for the air tunes.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
for me you can't use Airport Xpress for anything elese than iTunes. I would like to declare airport xpress as an external loudspeaker, but I didn't find this setting available in the macbook. Is it the same for you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
for me you can't use Airport Xpress for anything elese than iTunes. I would like to declare airport xpress as an external loudspeaker, but I didn't find this setting available in the macbook. Is it the same for you?

What? as for the OP, you cannot plug anything besides a printer into the USB port on an airport express, although you could buy a wireless adapter for your PC and run it from your wireless network, then you would be able to stream your itunes music from either computer, or even to each other. They are very easy to install and you would later be able to move your computer anywhere in the house.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.