new mac(book) user

Reaction score
just switched from a PC to a macbook a few weeks back and i enjoy the macbook so far.

i just ordered a iSkin keyboard cover, but i was wondering what you all would recommend to prevent the discoloring on the hand rests..

also...

after using PC's for so long you learn how to keep the hard-drives clean by deleting certain files in certain areas and running little programs

i've already noticed that my macbook is considerably slower than it was a month ago.. how can i fix this?

i do process digital images in RAW format (roughly 7mb per picture) but i only have 1.68gb of images stored

i downloaded a prog. called WhatSize that tells me what is taking up the most memory but it seems to be folders and files that came pre-loaded on my mac...what is this all about? i thought macs weren't supposed to come with all kinds of extra files and apps like PC's?

anyways back to the point... what are some tips and techniques to speed up my mac and are there free programs to keep it running smooth? thanks

Reaction score
i just ordered a iSkin keyboard cover, but i was wondering what you all would recommend to prevent the discoloring on the hand rests..

InvisibleMacmate:

Macbook Palmrest Area Invisible Protector

If you are looking for protective product for your shining MacBook, and do not wish your MacBook to be blindly covered or defaced, this is exactly what you want.

| DESCRIPTIONS |

Designed for demanding MacBook users who really care about their precious macbook, Macmate is a sweat resistant thin film solution that can effectively protect the MacBook's wrist rest, button and trackpad against the deleterious yellowish stain, effects of grease, scratches and smudges that accrete over time.

Precisely covering the MacBook's entire wrist rest area, Macmate provides quality protection while remaining unobtrusive. Transparent film and frosted surface make it invisible and insensible.

| FEATURES |

# Invisible: Protecting your MacBook without being noticed. Plus no logo or printing on the film.Unlike other shield products such as Marware which dramatically change your MacBook’s appearance.

# Insensible: Plain and finely frosted surface provides the same sense as the MacBook’s skin.

# Durable: Scratch, finger print and sweat resistant on finely frosted surface. Macmate is much durable and ideal for heavy Mac users. Long term usage does not make it yellowish.

# Residue free: Remove anytime and leave macbook fresh looking.

# Easy installation: No bubbles, no professional skills required for installation.

# Reusable: Right adhesion level makes Macmate reusable. Peeling off corner or margin will not appear.

| WHY PROTECTION? |

* Think Macbook's white cover. It's not stain proof, stain comes again even for a new cover.
* It takes few days without a laptop if you send MacBook for cover change.
* Apple discolouration service excludes cases of effect of grease seen as age sign around palmrest area.
* A minimum but necessary protection. It protects your MacBook, NOT deface it.

For MacBook Black, Macmate is also perfectly suitable!

£4.25 of ebay

Hope this helped

Adam :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
I bought the Macally Bookpad. Exactly like the Marware wrist protection, except the Bookpad doesn't have the large logo on it. Both are extremely soft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
only the old macbooks when they first came out discolor, wow im so tired of people talking about macbook discoloration, even if it does discolor apple will replace it for free

OP
J
Reaction score
it has already discolored and i've only had it for a month so i don't know what you are talking about.

will they really replace it under applecare?

and having a white computer with brown stains on it is not exactly what you want, so if you are sick of hearing people talk about it then don't read the macbook part of the forum as this problem has affected many macbook owners

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.