OS X 10.3.9 Itunes 7.3.1 Beach Ball!!

Reaction score
I can't get Itunes 7.3.1 to even open on my Panther box. I've reinstalled Itunes to no avail. As soon as I go to open it, I just get the spinning beach ball and it never opens. I can do other things, though, if I shift away from Itunes.

I end up having to do a Force Quit on it.

This box is totally up-to-date, and there's no library of tunes or anything in the Itunes folder. (in other words, it hasn't even been used for anything).

The only thing I haven't done yet is a repair permissions, but if that doesn't work, what's the options? I need Itunes on this Mac.

G4 Silver box.

OP
S
Reaction score
Update: This problem turned out to be due to Digidesign's Pro Tools 6.4 on Mac OSX 10.3.9. I needed to download a "Core Audio" file from Digidesign and install it. Once done, Itunes and Quicktime worked as they should.

Essentially, Pro Tools (without the additional file) was interferring with the audio playback of Itunes/Quicktime, causing the beach ball and non-responding errors I was getting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.