New Here ~ Switching

OP
J
Reaction score
but they are giving me £100 towards it so i can have it as part of my b/day

lucky i wonder if they'll do that for me since it's my bday on 21st August :eek:

Reaction score
I bought applecare with my student discount. In my opinon its better to be safe then sorry especially if you can afford it. I mean who wouldnt want extra help at like 2 in the morning while your editing video or if something goes wrong they are right there to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
I'm going to wait until I actually have a problem within the first year to buy it. Or I'll get it when I have more money. Right now school is my priority. Also, I have an extended warranty with the credit card I'm using, which means I'm covered for 2 years. With Applecare that would include an extra year and probably more expansive coverage. I'll decide on it later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.16 GHz 1GB ram 160 GB HD
My dell laptop (purchased in 2004) has a 4 year warranty and I just used it (after 3 years) to replace the motherboard. I plan on getting applecare when I get my macbook next week. Hopefully I'll never have to use it but if something does I'll be glad that I have it. It sounds like the macbook will be a big purchase for you so you should spend a little more to protect your investment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
I am about to buy a MBP - no applecare, unless there are ANY problems in the first year.

M

MacHeadCase

I'm pretty sure you can purchase AppleCare within one year of buying the laptop so you can wait and save up for it. I always get it but that's just me.

Careful with that. You have to buy the extended one before the 1 year is up.

Yep opus_az is right: you have one year to buy AppleCare. Some people have found AppleCare on eBay for less than it usually goes for. And since laptops are prone to problems than desktop models, it is usually recommended to get AppleCare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I would suggest getting the applecare with laptops as they seem more prone to damage. But that's just me. I always buy it for my laptops and use it. Never bought it with the desktops and I've never had an apple desktop break down.

OP
J
Reaction score
ok ive decided not to get the apple care.

Its too much money..

Which i cant afford.

Also ive placed an order for my macbook but because im getting it on financing they have to send me a form to sign before the order can be processed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.