new macbook user and have a ?

Reaction score
ok i bought my macbook last saturday and im in love with it, but i have one question

1st Q...ok i dont take my macboook with me everywere, and when i leave it home i shut the screen and it goes into sleep mode, BUT i have a problem of my parents using it, or other family members, because they think my room is the play room:Angry: .. on my previous windows laptop i had it were if i forgot to close it after 10 minutes it would go into sleep mode and when you wake it up you have to put in my password to use it, and when i close it goes into sleep mode and when you open it back up you gotta put in the password to use it. so my question is, is there a way to change my settings to when i close it and open it back up you have to enter a password to enable it, or if i forget to close it itll go into sleep mode and require a password when someone wakes it up. thanks everybody

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Apple Menu>System prefs>Security> check require password to wake

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.