okay theres something wrong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
this just started today
my fan is always on
i resstarted everything its always on
i dont run any apps except safari
right now my fan is on and my cpu A temp is 151 degrees
i dont know what to do its very annoying

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
ok i just checked my processes and my printer canon ip6000d was using 99 percent of my CPU? i just ended that process and now its fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Sometimes, something causes the CPU to peg, thus firing up the fan to maximum. A few do this on my Macbook. Sometimes it's Safari (though that dies down after awhile), sometimes it's iCal (which launches this process called SyncServer which pegs the CPU and thus the fan..annoying.)

Usually when Safari does it, it's because I'm on YouTube, and Flash player seems to want to take up as much CPU as it can get. Closing the tab usually calms the fan down. iCal regularly launches that SyncServer which uselessly takes up CPU and gets the fan to max. I kill SyncServer in Activity Monitor and it stops doing that.

Annoying, more than anything. I haven't found anything on the 'net yet which explains why SyncServer decides to go nuts, however. Perhaps your printer driver is one of those.

Another one is this Checkpoint SecureClient VPN client which is used by my employer. I install that so I can maybe access my employer's servers remotely. It insists on rebooting my Mac after installation (which is the first indication that this is screwed-up software) and then proceeds to take over as much CPU as it can. So I deep-six that by uninstalling it and that problem goes away. Still leaves me unable to use my Mac to do employer-like things, but not a big deal, since they've provided me with a really crappy, but functional Windows machine.

Anyway, some software, while being useful in design, sometimes hasn't been fully tested sufficiently to work in the Mac world.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.