How Do I Know If I Installed BootCamp Correctly?

Reaction score
Hey everyone well i just installed bootcamp for my 2.4 mbp and was wondring if there was a way i could tell that everything was installed and working correctly aslo i am having a bit of a problem with the trackpad the only way u can click is with the button instead of being able to just tap the touchpad is this normal or did something not install correctly?
Any help or suggestions would be great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
There's an option for trackpad gestures in System Preferences. As for BootCamp, follow the instructions for installing WinXP and see what happens - that'll tell you if it worked or not.

Reaction score
No, that's correct. The Windows drivers for the touchpad don't support tap-to-click yet. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
No, that's correct. The Windows drivers for the touchpad don't support tap-to-click yet. :(

really? they work fine for me in vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
They work fine for me as well. Have you tried playing with the mouse settings in the Control Panel?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
They work on my iMac under XP, too.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've messed with all the settings that would affect tap-to-click - many of them aren't available. Also, I've read all over this board and others that tap-to-click isn't supported yet.

What gives?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.