iPhoto bad quality

Reaction score
I was wandering if anyone could help me? I recently boutgt a new MacBook, using the latest edition of iPhoto. I transfered my photos from my previous computer and then just dragged the whole folder into iPhoto and released. The computer copied all the photos in to iPhoto and put them into the catogories in the finder, (DATA - Thumbnail quality), (ORIGINAL - Full Quality).

Now when I access iPhoto, even though the full quality photos are in the finder, it allways acceses the thumbnail files in the DATA folder in the finder. This means when I am in the libary and I click on a phot and it loads, it does not acces the good quality (ORIGINAL FOLDER) it still pulls up the thumbnails, just enlarged in bad quality.

Wandering if anyone could give me some pointers?

OP
D
Reaction score
....sorted!

This could be a big problem with new mac user (especially Windows > Mac users) basically often the mac can mix the DATA with the ORIGINALS...if this happens follow these steps (steps a/b/c didnt work for me):

a)Check for iPhoto Updates. If this does not work try the next step.

b)Copy all photos and rebuild your whole libary yourself. If this does not work try the next step.

c) Hold the apple key and the alt key whilst opening the iPhoto application, this will produce a rebuild libary wizard. Then just simply click rebuild. If this does not work try the next step.

d) Sort all your photos and copy to the desktop. Then empty the pictures folder and the iPhoto libary. Delete iPhoto then reload it. Manually form albums and add the photos. If this does not work try the next.

e) Contact apple services.

f)Smash your mac in fustrastion and either buy a windows computer or complain to insurance and get a new apple mac.:Shouting:

HOPETHIS IS ALL USEFUL....thanks for the views!
xx

smashedComputer.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.