Mac Mini to iMac streaming boggle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 G5 Powerpc
Hi all, I've just joined up after months of lurking from the shadows O:) I have a dilemma on my hands. I've searched the posts but haven't spotted an answer, so here's my problem:

After realising apple tv wont work on my big screen (Conventional) television I was told a mac mini could do the job I wanted it to do- Stream movies and music (All kept in itunes) from my Imac in the study to my television using its front row application. But Im not sure if this would actually work as the imac doesnt have front row its a G5 1.8 PowerPC running 10.3.9. 1Tb external hard drive holding my itunes library. The streaming (if possible) would be done over eithernet cable (both macs joined to my internet hub).

I know you maybe thinking "If he can afford a mini why not just get a better tv for the apple tv" Well the tv I already have is rather large so a HD of its size or close too plus the cost of apple tv is alot more than a mac mini.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ;D ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.