MBP benefits?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I'm still waiting for the iMacs to come out..

But in the meantime I've been liking the idea of a MBP. I like to be able to bring my computer onto the porch, traveling, etc, and not be strapped to a desk. My husband argues that we already have laptops (education version macbook and ibook - both SO SLOW and we can't mess with them) so we should get a desktop. And he's also against it because the MBPs are more expensive.

Are there any other benefits of the MBP over the iMac other than portability that will sway him? They come standard with 2GB RAM, which he wants, but I could care less about graphic card.

Any other ideas???

Thanks!!! And I apologize if this is a repeat thread! I don't think others answer my specific questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
You can plug an MBP into a monitor and use it as a desktop if you want, so you would have the best of both worlds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Definitely for the portability

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Why are you current two laptops slow? What OS do you have on them?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.