Burning .dmg on a pc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G3 B&W, 512Mb, 30Gb HDD, speed bumped to 450Mhz(by means of jumper pack), ATI Rage 128
I was wondering can i do it? I backed up my OS X installs as .dmg on my mac and later transferred them to my PC a reformmated and did a clean OS X install. Well my cd case was stolen with my iLife, and OS X disks and bizzilions of music cd's. S onow i need to put them all on cd's. Do i need a program such as MacDrive to do this? or do I simply just change .dmg to .iso and burn away. I've googled it and never got a straight answer so i turned here.

Reaction score
Instead of pirating software what you should have done is bought software & music. Then you wouldn't have this problem.....

Oh no, sorry for that I just seen they got stolen.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G3 B&W, 512Mb, 30Gb HDD, speed bumped to 450Mhz(by means of jumper pack), ATI Rage 128
i am going to have to repurchase iLife but i backed up the others, i wouldnt have a problem buying a new copy but i bought the cd version which cost more and i backed it up, so i figured id use the back ups.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
DMGs are not ISOs, AFAIK. Can't you do an Archive & Install when installing OSX? That will keep your documents and settings.

If you just archive your OSX installation (assuming you can) and restore it later, you're just going to restore any problems you're having now and undo the clean install.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
good news, i purchased Transmac. It allows .dmg burning. thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.