• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Rip streaming video from GOOGLE?

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out a way to get some streaming video into my project for final cut or atleast save it to my computer to convert it.

I have seen a million programs that convert files for PC and all that jazz but not much for Mac. Any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
If you have firefox, you can get the Video Download plug-in and download any video from YouTube, but unfortunately it doesn't work with Good Video.

Hope that helps

T

todd51

SnapX should work, just use the trial version, I used it the other day.

EDIT: Sorry it's SNAPZ, not SnapX. My bad :)

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Snapz X Pro i think is the proper name of that app, well worth the money

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Snapz Pro X will let you record what's on screen... but that's no so ideal for streaming videos.

I'd suggest using a site such as http://vixy.net/ to download clips off of video sharing sites instead. Just make sure they're legal before doing so.

Google Video actually has a feature like that built-in:
googlevideodownload-20070726-112053.png

Reaction score
Snapz X Pro works really well. I was so frustrated with this process until I found this program--a big thanks to todd51 and del.

Reaction score
In safari you can go to Window: Activity, and locate the file (Google video uses flash I believe, not streaming) it will be the largest file in the activity window. Then option-click the name and it will download it, and then you can give it a .flv extension if it is a flash movie, and play it in quicktime, and convert it. You may need some plugins for quicktime (Perian and the like) or you could use Mpeg Streamclip. This also works for YouTube, the file name for youtube is usually get_video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Like this question hasn't already been asked a million times on this very forum. People really need to learn how to do a search first.

Yea. I'm in a mood today. :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Like this question hasn't already been asked a million times on this very forum. People really need to learn how to do a search first.

Yea. I'm in a mood today. :Angry-Tongue:
Actually if you look at the original post, this post is ancient.

Stop digging up the dead people! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Reaction score
really? could not do it for this

http://mediaservers.vtc.com/player/movieplayer.php?cipher=0co30ed|2r|4|p-7ps|t1si3|i|2lu|pat|spt-ee&size=large

plz help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.