closing safari

Reaction score
When I close safari then go back later to open it up, it comes up with the last page i was on, is there a way to actually close out of safari that it goes to a home screen when you open it back up later

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook white 13' Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 1.5 G Ram, 160 GB Hard Drive
What do you mean by closing the safari? When you close it, is it still active in the Dock (there will an an arrow/triangle) next to the safari icon. If safari is still active in the dock, it will go back to the last viewed page.
You have to actually "quit" the application and when it starts up it will go back to the default home page (usually Apple.com) unless you have already changed it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
You don't close Safari by clicking on the "red" button (if this is what you're doing). This will just put it down on the dock.
To really close it, you must click on Safari and choose "Quit Safari."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
Um, I think you guys are missing the point: This is an iPhone forum, so clearly the original poster is talking about Safari on the iPhone... there are no docks and little red buttons.

To guant:

Unfortunately, when you "close" Safari on the iPhone, all you're doing is leaving it where it was and going back to the home screen. I'm not sure if you can set up a home page for Safari to default to, but if it is possible I'd check in the phone settings first.

Reaction score
What i have been doing is i bookmarked the address "about:blank" (without the quotes) and just go to it before closing Safari. So when i open safari again it is a blank page, ready to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Um, I think you guys are missing the point: This is an iPhone forum, so clearly the original poster is talking about Safari on the iPhone... there are no docks and little red buttons.

To guant:

Unfortunately, when you "close" Safari on the iPhone, all you're doing is leaving it where it was and going back to the home screen. I'm not sure if you can set up a home page for Safari to default to, but if it is possible I'd check in the phone settings first.

Duh :[ Sorry...:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.