PowerBook's FireWire Port isn't Working

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a G4 Titanium 400 PowerBook that is running 10.3.9. The problem with it is that the Firewire port won't recognize or be recognized when in FireWire Disk Target Mode, nor will it recognize my DV camera. However, it will charge my iPod and recognize it. It will also recognize it in System Profiler- saying FireWire Bus-400 Mb/ Sec Speed. Otherwise it works fine. The port doesn't look damaged, I compared it to a 500 and they are identical, yet the 500 works. I tried three different wires that didn't work and I tried them on more than 3 computers and they worked. It will charge the iPod and stilll boot in FTD but not recognize it. Is there a corrupt driver? I re-installed 10.3 and removed all from the HD. Could I have deleted the OS 9 Driver or something which screwed it up or am I looking at a Hardware failure? Thank you so much, and God Bless all!
DK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.