New iMac 17" with 2.16 intel core duo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
I just received my mac with a 2.16GHz processor when it was only supposed to have a 2.0 GHz.I keep looking at the paperwork but i know i did not pay for it.And this one came with a mighty mouse,instead of a standard man mouse.I did have a question about this mouse.How does right click work with it?I followed the pictures ,the ball on the top works great but the right click...it has me..

Sorry back on topic.Should i let them know that this machine is more powerful than the one i paid for?That is what i need help with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Go to Mouse and Keyboard settings in your system preferences and make sure the right click area is set to "secondary button".

iMacs come with the Mighty Mouse by default :)

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My former one had the 1 click mouse.alright so left click is primary and right click is secondary.Thanks for the help!I was just about to put it on ebay!lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Sorry back on topic.Should i let them know that this machine is more powerful than the one i paid for?That is what i need help with.

It's up to you. Depends if you want to risk them telling you to give it back, you have no Mac, have to wait for a replacement and then get an inferior product.

The only possible upside would be a small fuzzy glow you may feel.

In conclusion, unless Your Name Is Earl, I think I know what I'd do!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i would keep it. ! change the right click setting in system prefs to turn it on or off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
right clicking does take a little getting used to. If your left-clicking finger (index) is being dectected by the sensor and you click with your right-clicking finger (middle) then it will still peform a left click. Thus, it's not a "true" two button mouse, but still a one clicker with left and right sensors. In my opinion it's stupid, but I got used to it quickly.

The other issue is up to you. I don't think any legal harm would come of keeping it. I mean it's a mess up on their end, not yours. But I'm no lawyer.

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the advice and help.I thought long and hard about it.I said i might as well keep it.I waited for 5 days for this one to come and do not want to be without a machine(now that i am getting use to using a mac!)longer than need be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
haha good for you mate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.