Activating two new iPhones with a new FamilyTalk Plan with two ported numbers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
Can someone please explain to me the process of creating and activating two iPhones under a FamilyTalk Plan, and porting a number from Sprint for each of them, and also adding 1500 Text Messages to one of the iPhones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook g4 12"
i bought two iphones, plugged one into my powerbook, synched with itunes, and set up an account with ATT. at prompt, i entered my cell number (verizonwireless) and switched over. chose family talk 4000, added 1500 text. at prompt when asked to add another line, i plugged in the second iphone, and punched in the phone number (again, verizonwireless); done.

asked for a credit card number; typed it in.
two weeks later received a bill in the mail. three weeks later, the funds were charged to my credit card.

could not have been easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Make sure you wait until the first one is activated before activating the second one. I had major problems when I activated them back-to-back (5 minutes apart). Also, it can take up to 24 hours to activate unlike the 6 hours they say it will. I had problems with adding my second line (porting both numbers from Verizon), so they had me "replace an existing line" instead of "add a line to my account" when I went through registration with the second one. It's actually kind of confusing because it's not really intuitive, but the AT&T/Apple people are happy to help and get you up and running so if you do have problems it shouldn't last for more than a day or two.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.