• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Help me decide on which apple notebook!!

H

HeavyMetalG0d

help me out here guys:

these are both the same price (1,550 after protection plan)

iBook G4 1.2GHz/256MB/60GB/Combo/AP Extreme Card/E/56K/ 14" TFT-Refurbished
or
PowerBook G4 1GHz/256MB/40GB/Combo/E/Aluminum/12"TFT-refurbished

the ibook is a bit faster and has a larger hard drive and a larger screen. but i really hate the design of the 14in ibook its just too white. i will be using this computer for video editing, picture editing and powerpoints.

which one should i get for what im using it for. almost immediately after i buy either model i will upgrade to 512mb of ram from ebay and then edit video using final cut pro. and i will be using photoshop for video editing.

my only gripe about the 14in ibook is the awkward keyboard side with the tiny speakers, it just looks weird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
the keyboard on the iBook and Powerbook are basically the same because the iSkin fits both of them, and i have the iBook G4 1.2Ghz and i love it and it doesn't look too white :D

i would get the 14inch iBook

OP
S

sirlan

If you don't like all the white, paint it. That's what I plan on doing as soon as I decide on a design.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.