MBP defects for new June 5, 2007+ models?

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been a Mac user for past 4 years. I currently have a PowerMac G5 2.0GHZ and love it.

To get to the point, I've searched and searched. I've been checking out the MacBook Pros...specifically the 2.4 GHz versions released June 5, 2007 and later. Now...I read and Googled a lot and noticed there is a list of notable defects to to MBP...but I noticed a lot of the reviews, posts, blogs, etc were dated from 2006...which is the original MBP Intel Core release date time period. However, I did see a few MPB defected posts in 2007 too but I'm curious to know if anyone with a MBP AFTER June 5, 2007 have experienced any problems? I guess what I'm asking is what defects still exist with the recently released MBP as of June 5, 2007 since a year and a half has lapsed since original release? Thanks everyone for reading and any input.

- Tam

Reaction score
I'll let you know. I ordered mine a week ago. It should be here in the next couple of days. From what I've seen on these forums are just rare kernel panics. Nothing major, if there are defects I'm sure there small and can be fixed easily [at least thats what I hope]

OP
F
Reaction score
I'll let you know. I ordered mine a week ago. It should be here in the next couple of days. From what I've seen on these forums are just rare kernel panics. Nothing major, if there are defects I'm sure there small and can be fixed easily [at least thats what I hope]

Hi.

That's good to hear that hopefully, most of the defects have either been relieved or less of. I just haven't seen any recent updates, comments, or blogs for the June 5+ MBP releases which I'm not sure is a good thing (no probs so not worth noting) or bad thing (defects still exist so not worth noting).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
no problems at all with my 2.4

Reaction score
i havnt noticed any in mine.... well there are problems, but it isnt exactly a tough book. i could suggest however that apple could make a better warranty comparible to pc companies which have accidet insurance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
keep in mind that you could get AppleCare for MBP on eBay for less than $200. That's over $150 worth of saving over Apple recommended retail price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i really hope there are no porblems as i am getting a 15" 2.4ghz mbp in august.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rest assured you're highly unlikely to encounter any problem with the new MBP unles you've come to face with the rare kernel panic. get applecare before the 1st year warranty expires.

Reaction score
ihave a problem with my 15 , 2.4 i have a yellow screenand thats very annoying

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ihave a problem with my 15 , 2.4 i have a yellow screenand thats very annoying

have you tried installing the latest firmware update? if not, try using software update.

OP
F
Reaction score
^

Thanks for everyone's input. Based on these feedbacks for most part, I feel a little better now if I decided to go with the new 17" MBP 2.4GHz. :) Before as my 2nd option, I was considering just getting a Mac Mini for home use (I use it for internet/e-mails mainly) and just bring my current PowerMac G5 from home to work and use that instead. But I really like to get a MBP because I never had a laptop before...

OP
F
Reaction score
^

It appears that 10.4.10 update applies to some Linksys and all NetGear wireless routers? Hopefully, Apple releases an updated patch...like ASAP for those that are affected by it.

Reaction score
question so i istalled the efi 1.3 firmware update on my macbookpro 2.4 . and since then i reinstalled os x completely so does the firmware stay there or do i have to reinstall firmware too?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.