• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New eMacs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
well the current specs are from around March if I am not mistaken so it wouldn't be until X-Mas/New years time.

Last time I talked about eMacs with guys at the applestore they said they were trying to phase them out and put more emphasis on the highend G5s

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Look you can look here for recommandations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Solafaa said:
I think they should keep them as they are and try to lower prices.

At the very least, if they do upgrade them, they should continue to offer the current model at a discounted price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
They are awesome. Great value. Just remember it's got just 2 slots for RAM - max = 2 X 512 -- plenty for most uses

OP
N

Nightblade

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting one myself. Not now, of course. I'll hold out for the G5 eMacs that'll ship with Tiger. I know I'll be waiting a WHIIIIIIILE, but it should be worth it.

OP
N

Nightblade

HopperJonusFang said:
Have Apple actually said anything about a G5 eMac?

No, not at all. But once the other compact G5s are released (iMac, PowerBook, iBook), it shouldn't be TOOOO long, although it still will be awhile.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.