Firefox Window Help

Reaction score
hello. i have this new problem: (OSX 10.4.9, Firefox 2.0.0.5) my firefox window stays at the top. so when i try to use any toolbar menus (say, bookmarks), or even see the dock, it all "shows up" behind the firefox window. if i move the window over, i can use them.

how can i fix this? how can i get the window to stay at the back.
thanks
Dan808

OP
D
Reaction score
...anyone?...

did i explain it clearly?
or is it some weird thing no one knows of, or some simple thing that everyone knows...

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 1GB RAM, 160GB HD, Intel Core Duo, 13" Display
hello. i have this new problem: (OSX 10.4.9, Firefox 2.0.0.5) my firefox window stays at the top. so when i try to use any toolbar menus (say, bookmarks), or even see the dock, it all "shows up" behind the firefox window. if i move the window over, i can use them.

how can i fix this? how can i get the window to stay at the back.
thanks
Dan808

i'm not really understanding at all.

OP
D
Reaction score
well i've noticed another odd thing about it...maybe this will help

say i've got a firefox window open. when i move it around, i shouldn't be able to move it over top of the very top tool bar...it should bump up under the bottom edge of it. but that's not what happens...i can move it all the way up, blocking that very top tool bar.

so if i place the firefox window just under the very top toolbar, and i click on one of the items, say bookmarks, that bookmark menu is under or behind the firefox window...i can't see it...

hopefully that clears it up a bit
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Sounds like you need to quit and relaunch firefox.
I've seen that happen a few times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.