Printer Driver for HP Color LaserJet 1600

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have read all the threads for finding drivers that are not already on my MacBook. However, I have had no luck finding a driver for my HP Color LaserJet 1600. I haven't even had this printer a year and all I want to do is print using my USB cable.

I tried installing the software that came with the printer and it won't even run on my Mac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

M

MacHeadCase

The driver from HP is Windoze-only so it won't run, of course, on Mac OS X.

I searched GutenPrint but the driver is not supported. I looked at Tiger's supported drivers but it isn't listed there either.

The only thing I could find through google was this: foo2hp: a linux printer driver for ZjStream protocol. Mac OS X is listed in there but I have no clue how you could get it to work as it is foremost for Linux OS.

Maybe a Linux-savvy member could guide you further into this. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

The drivers can be found here.

You need to download three files. Installation is quick and easy and works. :)

Let us know.

Regards.

Reaction score
here i put all the drivers together so you can get your HP color laserjet 1600 (and some cheap minolta printers like 1350w) up and running

no terminal etc. needed for this. runs on all 10.5.x (haven't checked them on 10.4.x but i see no reason why it wont run) both ppc and intel.

CLICK HERE FOR THE DRIVERS

its about 42mb .. just follow the instructions and everything should be fine.

Reaction score
Cant Print Pages And Numbers From Iwork

Hi There...i Manage To Print From My Hp 1600 Except Pages And Numbers From Iwork..ANY Idea What Was Happen....need Help

Reaction score
what kind of documents did you try to print ? ie.

did it include graphics/text/both/photos or parts from other file types embedded ?

try opening pages and just type a few lines and try to print that.
if it doesn't print.

are you getting any error messages in printer queue ? is just disappearing from the queue ? or is it just sitting there forever ?

if everything else is printing but just iwork maybe u might try reinstalling iwork again. (honestly i never tried iwork as i heard formating from iwork to office can dramatically change)

Reaction score
Installed HP1600 Drivers, but can only print in B/W

Was able to successfully install the drivers referenced, but seem to only be able to print in Black and White, not color. Do I need to install additional drivers, or am I missing something obvious. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Was able to successfully install the drivers referenced, but seem to only be able to print in Black and White, not color. Do I need to install additional drivers, or am I missing something obvious. Thanks for your help.

i have the same problem.
i can print in b/w but not in color.

i run on 10.6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.