Whats the main reason you got a Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Video| 15" MacBook Pro | iPod Shuffle
What is the main reason you got a mac?

Was it the user friendly interface, a specific application only available on OSX, or the price, or what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
i doubt anyone gets for the price, being as macs are more expensive. I got it for the user interface, better performance and increased reliability.

Reaction score
being as macs are more expensive

incorrect, if you try to customize a notebook as the same specs as a macbook or something they are usually more expensive as macs have core 2 duo processers which is great for laptops and would cost a fortune to match the superb specs of a mac to a pc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
i got mine becuase no-1 else i knew at the time had one. and i didnt want viruses and the hassle of antivirus software and installing stuff onto a crap os.

mac is just beter its eaiser to use.

that my opinion anyways
i have a Macbook Pro C2D 2.16ghz 1gb ram 120gb hdd

Reaction score
It makes you really cool

All the popular kids want to be your friend and all the girls start to notice you.

I'm considering getting a Mac mini to carry around on my back for more attention.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
It's in right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
...got tired of Micro$oft and chicks dig Mac's! loL!

Reaction score
My first computer was an Apple II+. I've also owned a low end Quadra, and a G4 Mac. I've loved them all. I have also built my own Windows gaming PC, which I love too.

In the end, I've made a peaceful compromise with a MacBook Pro laptop, and a Windows desktop for gaming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
I used a Macintosh at work 15 years ago, the switch to Intel makes it possible to use some software not available for the Mac, I needed a new computer, the Mac software is so clever, I am tired of Windows problems and the Mac hardware is so cool.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
I got a Mac because of their stability and I want to learn Final Cut Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
incorrect, if you try to customize a notebook as the same specs as a macbook or something they are usually more expensive as macs have core 2 duo processers which is great for laptops and would cost a fortune to match the superb specs of a mac to a pc

thats a real bad argument. Most Intel computers have Core 2 now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I initially ditched windows for personal use around 2000 or so, switching to Linux. I never purchased any Windows after Win95, now that I think of it. Still went through versions of Windows at work, but that puts food on the table, and I really work more with UNIX machines than Windows. For my wife, yeah she had an XP PC that I built. In 2005, the Mac Mini had come out and I knew MacOS X was really a version of UNIX. My Redhat machine was starting to get a little outdated, and at the same time I decided that I was tired of tinkering with my own machine for its sake, bought the Mac Mini, and retired the old Linux box after transferring all my stuff to the Mac.

Thus began the Great Mac Experiment of 2005. Would this little cute, silent computer be able to replace my big honking Linux box? I kept the Linux box turned off but nearby in case I needed to fire it up for anything. After about six months, I decided that indeed, yes it can replace the Linux machine, put the Linux box in a closet, and convinced my wife that she should get a Mac Mini too. Her machine was beginning to frustrate her, and she was taking note that my Mac didn't frustrate me at all. Granted, I'm a computer technical guy, but I didn't have to do any 'fixing' with my Mac. It runs all my shell scripts that I wrote to do useful things on Linux. It did stuff for me. Hers did stuff for her, and was thrilled with the new platform. Mild amusement at Windows issues is a sport around here.

Fast forward to January of this year, and two Macbooks now live with us serving us loyally. As my brother in law, who switched about three months ago said after using his Macbook "With a Mac, it's all about me."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I was sick of viruses, crashes, not being able to find any good editing software, having a tower, having to choose between all the different manufacturers, and my PC was just awful. It took 7 minutes to boot up and load a browser.

There are other reasons I can't think of.

Reaction score

Dude, no offense but you are so wrong about this.

Ok, not SOOO wrong, but in general, a laptop with similar specks will be cheaper. Most respectable laptop manufactorers use Core 2 Duo cpus at this point, as are most desktops.

I myself try to justify the price, and to some extent you can say Macs are about equally prices IF you are a student and count the student discount + fre ipod + free printer.

Reaction score
Oh, and to answer the quetion:

I got a Mac because girls seem to like them, and before they are really fashionable and trendy. Also the Mac guy (on "I'm a PC, I'm a Mac") commercials seems SOOOOO much cooler than the PC guy.

Also th iSight camera is a chick magnet.

p.s. Also I just felt like a change, and I like the fact that OSX is custom made (basically) for Apple hardware, so there is a lot of good hardware support in lots of Apple software.

Reaction score
Oh, and to answer the quetion:

I got a Mac because girls seem to like them, and before they are really fashionable and trendy. Also the Mac guy (on "I'm a PC, I'm a Mac") commercials seems SOOOOO much cooler than the PC guy.

Also th iSight camera is a chick magnet.

p.s. Also I just felt like a change, and I like the fact that OSX is custom made (basically) for Apple hardware, so there is a lot of good hardware support in lots of Apple software.

I work in a lab that owns mac only liscenses for a very expensive piece of software, so rather than pay $8000 for a windows liscense set, I decided it would be cheaper to shell out for a mac. Hence, BlackBook for me.

Reaction score
Chicks, chicks, no viruses, chicks.

Well, one outta four ain't bad.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I grew up on them, and can't stand windows, so it was a no brainer for me.

Reaction score
I partially switched last year. I was in the market for a new laptop and was tired of all of the BS I'd gone through to constantly activate Microsoft products and decided to try a MacBook. I loved OS X from the get-go. Everything's so smooth and I can do everything I need to do (except VPN into work) and many of the programs are free. I thought I was going to have to spend a fortune on software but that isn't true at all, especially if you can live without MS Office.

When I was in the market to replace my desktop a few months ago it was a no-brainer to get a Mac Pro! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.