Where Can I get new macbook pro 15.4 LED Screen????

Reaction score
I need help asap. I've had my macbook pro for barely a week and the screen has already been cracked in a freak accident. I've been looking everywhere online to find a replacement led screen, but since they just came out i cant find them anywhere, but i need it fixed this week!!! The only places that have it will only use it for repair, but i cannot afford labor, since i just spent all my money on the wonderful, shiny new laptop! So please anyone who knows a place that has the new led, not lcd, screen let me know!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
You...........devil!!!!!!:Grimmace: But seriously, what exactly happened?

OP
F
Reaction score
i was checkin my mail while my friends were playin pool. and one of them hurled the cue ball down the table it went off two bumpers flew into the air across the room and into the screen. so now i gotta get a new one. but i guess no one knows where IN THE WORLD CARMEN SANDIEGO IS, or how to get it. i guess ill have to pay aple an extra 400 to do an easy fix for me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
WOW. That's NOT cool. You're friend should help you pay for it. Take some pics of the screen! Oh and sorry I can't help ya out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Yeah, I think your friend owes you a screen.

Is it possible that you bought it with a credit card that offers some sort of "purchase protection?" Or perhaps you have renter's/homeowner's insurance?

OP
F
Reaction score
what would that have to do with an accident? nothing, including the otherwise extremely comprehensive apple protection covers accidents. and my "friend" hasnt owned up to payin me yet, and its lookin like im guna have to spend all the money i've worked my TART, YET SPICY RUTABAGAS off for this summer. unless im wrong i think all i can do is take it to apple store

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Well. if someone picked up the cue ball and "hurled" it, that's no accident. It's their fault. An accident would have hitting the cue ball in normal play and having it pop off the table by a bad stroke which happens on occasion.

If you used a credit card to purchase, many of them do have this type of protection. Call to find out if yours does. The worst that happens they say no.

And this 'friend' that "hurled" a cue ball - not much personal character if he/she doesn't own up to it being his/her fault.

OP
F
Reaction score
i called i fixit and they said they wont have the part in for another 6 months. and he didnt chuck it at the laptop. he rolled it really hard across the table. it went off two o bumpers before it caught air and went into my laptop. does anyone know nething about homeowners insurance covering it??

Reaction score
I have home insurance with Meloche Monnex and it covers it. There are generally two types of home insurance, Named Perils and All Risks.

Named Perils is very limited but often a tad cheaper, but All Risks covers anything that ever occurs except for specifically pre-determined exclusions. The agent explained that if an elephant ran through my house destroying everything, that would be covered because no one ever specifically excluded it. There are some exclusions but they are very reasonable. For example, a wii-mote through your tv or a cue ball through your screen is covered.

I live in an apartment and pay $115/year and have $25,000 coverage for my belongings and 1 million for liability. My parents have a policy that costs 300/year for their house, but they upped the value of their belongings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.