Will eMac G4 Still be around?

A

Admiral Spock

I'm using both a (cheap) Windows system and an iMac Revision A 233MHz. I want to switch to an eMac. So, I've set aside $120 per month to go towards the goal of an eMac. This should take about 7 months to complete. My problem is, will the eMac G4 still be around then, like it is now? I don't want to spend $1,000+ on a G5 all in one simply because I don't have that kind of money to invest in a new system.

So my question is:
Will the eMac still be around in 7 months?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
not sure about eMac exactly, but there alway will be system avalable in the prise range of eMac. its apples strategy to target all categoris of users. eMac is well established product line and apple will be just stupid to stop it. there will always be a cheap desktop system with "all in one" design. so do not worry, if eMac someday goes G5( I em sure it will), the prise will stay the same.

OP
A

Admiral Spock

If by then the eMac is a G5.. that would be excellent.. and at that price range. Or perhaps I'd be able to get an eMac from ebay sooner then for about $500 or so.. but I don't trust people very easily with large amounts of money (this would be considered a major purchase).

Thanks for your help. :)

OP
L

LuniX

Admiral Spock said:
If by then the eMac is a G5.. that would be excellent.. and at that price range. Or perhaps I'd be able to get an eMac from ebay sooner then for about $500 or so.. but I don't trust people very easily with large amounts of money (this would be considered a major purchase).

Thanks for your help. :)

Use http://www.secondhandmac.com/ if you buy a used thats how i got my eMac. And i'm very pleased :D

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
The eMac will still be around in G4, because it's supposed to be affordable.

OP
A

Admiral Spock

Thank you for that link! That will be a great help to me once I am ready to order my Mac. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
I always thought that now the new G5 chips are liquid cooled, apple might've introduced a single G5 chip, liquid cooled, after all it would be much cheaper than a dual chipset.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
it would but i think apple really is going for the fastest personal computer in the world and there single chip model just wouldn't cut it. Maybe a Single 2.5Ghz but the 1.6 GHz was sorta sad in the benchmarks.

Just my $.02 though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.