Mac Word? PAY!?

Reaction score
AM i right in thinking i need to purchase word for my macbook?

It say i get a 28 day free trial, i just spent under agrand buyg this laptop, now it want me to pay to type a letter?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you absolutely want Microsoft Word, then yes you will need to pay for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini | 2.0GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD ||| Black MacBook | 2.16GHz C2D | 2GB RAM
It would be the same on a Windows machine. They only include the demo. Download a free Office-like suite if you don't like that... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
Then use textedit that is on your Mac. Or download one of the many free text editors available online.

Microsoft Office apps are expensive, for Windows and Mac users alike. But they also are way more powerful than is required for someone just wanting to type some lyrics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
If you need the features of Word, try the free NeoOffice. Very capable, and compatible with Windows as well. No sense in paying big bucks for something you can get for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Yes, get NeoOffice. Don't pay MS a penny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.0GHz C2D iMac, 2.5GB RAM || 2GHz C2D Macbook White, 2GB RAM || PowerMac G4 533MHz, 1GB RAM
If you want something very light weight for writing lyrics, I'd also recommend checking out Bean. It has no extra bulk, is very fast, and provides a low-distraction interface. I use it myself for doing anything creative so I can work without bells and whistles surrounding my text.

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)
It would be the same on a Windows machine. They only include the demo. Download a free Office-like suite if you don't like that... :)

Not really. The vast majority of PC come loaded with Office Suite...
I felt the same way when I just got my Macbook... I spent $1500, I thought MS Office would come pre-installed (as it was on my iMac @ work last year.) Well I guess it's understandable to have to purchase a MS product on a Mac.
Anyway MS Office found its way on my HD, I just use Word, Excel and PP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Not really. The vast majority of PC come loaded with Office Suite...

In what universe? Most PCs in retail stores come "loaded" with MS Works. A few might include Office, but they are in the extreme minority.

Most business PCs have an option to include Office, but you pay for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.