Continuous Freezing on the Internet

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a new user to the whole Mac OSX system and Im liking my macbook although I have a few teething problems which I need help with.

The first is the macbook not finding the batteries it says no batteries available with a black X through it.
Will my local apple store swap this there and then? As its 40 miles away so I dont want to waste a trip.

Next is really annoying.
With Camino AND Firefox I keep getting the spinning beachball and it locks up the entire macbook. I can still use my mouse but if i right click on the dock to close the application the finder stops responding.
Force quit using Command-option-esc doesnt bring up the window so I am forced to hold the power button down until it goes off.
Escapepod does work but I feel after spending a **** of alot of money I shouldnt be forced to do this?
One particular website which never fails to lock it up is photobucket.

Could anyone please help me to fix this?

Could it be that the macbook is only runningat 1gHz due to not finding the battery?

Thanks for getting this far!
Dan

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi,
Unfortunately, that page locked up the macbook, great eh?
I will check it when I get home later.
Thank you

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When this happens are you on the Internet Via WiFi or Directly connected?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yes via wi-fi, is it worth testing over ethernet?

Yes if you can give it a try over Ethernet and see if the same issues are still there.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The interesting thing is my iBook after the update started pausing on pages using Airport. I was on a job when it happened. Going back to 10.4.9 and it's back to normal. It seems to be mostly Macbooks and MBP's but the issue I was having was very real and gone now. My iMac G5 seems not affected but it's usually hooked up Wired anyway. I got no Kernel Panics on the iBook, just every site I was going to pausing and pausing.

And thanks for posting that URL MHC.

M

MacHeadCase

The interesting thing is my iBook after the update started pausing on pages using Airport. I was on a job when it happened. Going back to 10.4.9 and it's back to normal. It seems to be mostly Macbooks and MBP's but the issue I was having was very real and gone now. My iMac G5 seems not affected but it's usually hooked up Wired anyway. I got no Kernel Panics on the iBook, just every site I was going to pausing and pausing.

And thanks for posting that URL MHC.

Not a prob, trav!

Yeah the symptoms range from browsers crashing to complete kernel panics which point to AirPort or other WiFi thingies. Very strange.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.