Prices...will they change??

Reaction score
hi am purchasing my new macbook when leopard comes out. Im guessong when leopard comeso ut all MB will be sold with it rather than with tiger but i want to know if the price of the MB is likely to go up?? (or for some reason down even...)
Will the price change??

Also I'm guessing apple will eventually bring out there new version of iWork (when is a different question) but I'm not going to get iWork06 and wait for them to bring out their new version but again is the price likely change or has it stayed the same for every version of iWork

Thanks for your help

Adam :Smirk:

OP
A
Reaction score
Wait you confues me... are you sayin the prices will go down possibly and technology is going down suggesting things are getting worse :S?

Anyone else know anything about prices...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
I think vxd means that prices for systems that are already out will only decrease.

OP
A
Reaction score
Yes leopard and the new iWork arn't allready out what I'm trying to ask is when the MB are sold with leopard installed will the price of the MB with leopard be different to the price of the MB with tiger (the price now!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
My guess is that prices will stay the same.

OP
A
Reaction score
ok thnx its just im no a tight budget and any increase in the price could put me rite of completely meaning i have to rwork out wat im gna spend on wat..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
prices will stay the same because they have not moved much in the years prior to this one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
A new OS doesn't put the price up; and usually when Apple update their product line the price will remain the same, or go down a little. Prices sometimes do go up when updating products, but it's not the norm (you'd have to be getting a lot more than the previous model for the price to go up).

OP
A
Reaction score
Ok. good good. This is very helpfull to know!! You say they might even go down slightly: I hope so!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Apple often does not change the price, but rather changes the system setup for the better.

I can see the price of iWork going up if they add another module. Mainly the expected spreadsheet that has been rumored for so long now. Hopefully that wouldn't change the price and users would be getting a great deal as they are now.

OP
A
Reaction score
Ok, i suspected that maybe iWork would go up s i had also heard spredsheet was being added..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
The price DEFINITELY won't go up unless the hardware changes. It could only go down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.