• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Crazed Mac fans

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
Crazed NZ fanboy mows down churchgoer
'Deliberately drove' at Methodist congregation
By Lester Haines
Published Tuesday 24th July 2007 08:49 GMT

A 58-year-old woman is in an Auckland hospital with "life threatening" injuries after being hit by car as she left the city's Methodist Mission Church, 3 News reports.

The driver of the vehicle reportedly "deliberately drove" at the church after jumping several red lights at speed, narrowly missing several pedestrians. Witnesses report seeing the car approaching from a distance of half a kilometre on the wrong side of the road before accelerating towards its target.

Jade Andrews said: "He sped up and I quickly shut my door and jumped out of the way because he nearly clipped me."

The impact with the church - described as sounding like a bomb going off - sprayed the exiting congregation with broken glass. Survivor Rosa Kim recounted: "We heard the sounds of the impact of the crashed glass. I got a sore nose. She [the victim] moaned from the pain."

The driver was "injured but conscious", and as police attempted to extricate him from his motor, he "clutched his laptop computer and screamed the name of Apple's CEO Steve Jobs". A fireman later told 3 News "he believed the man had a mental illness".

Source.

LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
"he believed the man had a mental illness".

I'd say that's a safe bet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
he "clutched his laptop computer and screamed the name of Apple's CEO Steve Jobs"

Brilliant :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Haha, wow... XD

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If that was me I would be embracing my favorite IBM Thinkpad 600X With XP and Screaming, "Bill Gates and Steve Balmer are my Heros. Don't take my Winderz laptop from me or Balmer will come after you screaming Developers, Developers, Developers!" :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Wow. I've seen violence carried out in the name of religion, but for a computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Curses, *punches hand*, that was my idea. Now I have to think of something else to publicize Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I'm gonna go flailing my powerbook in the street screaming Steve Jobs :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (white)
im guessing it was a windows laptop, the agony of being seporated from his mac pushed him overboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.