if you can solve this, your a genius!!!

Reaction score
ok, i have to macbooks in my network, both wireless of course. one for me one for my girlfriend. i have tried to network them for file sharing and printer sharing. as of now, i can access my computer from my girlfriends, but not vice versa. i have check all the network settings and they are the same. when i click GO to go to the network i see the window pop up but then blocked. i also tried to access is in the finder but all i see is i disk, (which i dont use). can someone please help me answer any of these problems? thanks guys, i love this forum

Reaction score
I would assume that this has something to do with the File/Folder sharing (or similar option) in system preferences. I can't say for sure because I am not at my computer at the moment.

Also, Is there a specific shared folder?

OP
D
Reaction score
i went into the sharing options and all the settings are the same on both computers. i am also sharing the the whole drive. thanks for the response. i really appriciate it

Reaction score
I'm puzzled after that. I wouldn't know a whole lot about file sharing on the Mac. But I assume that if the file sharing option is on and there is a shared folder the files would be shared.

The only other thing that I can think of is permissions....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.