White Macbook and Stains????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I am planning on purchasing a White (childy??? :D) MacBook... I am looking at sleeves, cases, skins, etc..

Do the White Macbooks get stains from the Incase Neoprene? (or any other sleeves/cases)... The reviews on the Apple Store seem to indicate they do pickup stains from rubbing around on the neoprene.

Any experience with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD
I haven't got stains, however, it gets shiny from use, like most trackpad arears and surrounding the trackpad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
Mine is new and I noticed that there is a lot of static dirt clinging to it or something. I bought a shell case + sleeve/cover for it though, so once I receive that it should be cool.

Anyway, as for the Neoprene cover, I think if you buy a colour that matches your macbook it should be fine. The burgundy one gets the most complaints for staining white macbooks.

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Mine is new and I noticed that there is a lot of static dirt clinging to it or something. I bought a shell case + sleeve/cover for it though, so once I receive that it should be cool.

Anyway, as for the Neoprene cover, I think if you buy a colour that matches your macbook it should be fine. The burgundy one gets the most complaints for staining white macbooks.

Yes... but it seems Neoprene sleeves in WHITE don't exist.

Just, black, red, burgundy, Grey, green... no White!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
Hmmm...try a different company. I personally bought the foam cover from Isis Covers. They also have neoprene covers. Not much in white, unfortunately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I am planning on purchasing a White (childy??? :D) MacBook... I am looking at sleeves, cases, skins, etc..

Do the White Macbooks get stains from the Incase Neoprene? (or any other sleeves/cases)... The reviews on the Apple Store seem to indicate they do pickup stains from rubbing around on the neoprene.

Any experience with this?

I picked up one of these http://www.iskin.com/soho/index.tpl?cart=11852868344487801 and was pretty pleased with it. It was very nice to carry on something this size going from LAX to Heathrow and back last June instead of a bigger notebook bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" Core Duo, White, 512mb RAM
I've got an Incase neoprene for my Macbook and have never noticed any stains. It isnt black on the inside its green. I find, if anything my Macbook coming out and looking slightly polished. I have only had it for about a week though so I dunno if this would be enough time for any stains to show up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.