how long can i leave my powerbook sleeping for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
Just wondering how long is okay to leave my PowerBook in sleep mode for. Havent shut it down for the past four days now.

H

hollerz1

citystar2k said:
Just wondering how long is okay to leave my PowerBook in sleep mode for. Havent shut it down for the past four days now.

Four days is fine! At least I hope so because I havent shut mine down for a couple of weeks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
its ok to leave it in sleep mode (thats why its there)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Yeah, you can sleep it all the time, only shutting down for more then 2 or so days of non use. Just keep track of the battery :)

T

TylerMoney

I've kept mine on up to four days, sleeping it over night. I've heard of people doing much more than that..like not shutting it off since they got it five or six months earlier...I try and restart every once in a while, other than that..it's made to stay on.

P

PowerbookG417

i rarely turn mine off except if im takin it somewhere with me...i dont care to leave it in sleep mode during trasportation... other than that..its allwasy running...i just turn the screen off. that way i get my daily weekly and monthly log rotations or whatever they call it that are scheduled for 3-6am

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i used to use sleep all the time but now I see when I restart there is much less of the "Inactive" memory on my system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.