i dropped my ibook on it's front

Reaction score
i tripped on the lead and it fell open, screen down on the floor. Now I can't shut it and the screen is just white. The bottom bit of the frame around the screen is bent away and you can see wirey bits inside.

I rung apple but the man gabbled at me and i couldn't understand what he was saying.

Is there any way this could be fixed or is my computer buggered??:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
Try calling them again. I'm not sure if this would be covered under warranty. Don't think so :(

Reaction score
not covered under warranty. I take it from your jargon that you're English, so expect about 350 pounds for a new display, assuming you didn't also break something inside the computer itself.

Be cheaper to get a new computer, the display is without a doubt the most expensive part to replace.

Reaction score
i tripped on the lead and it fell open, screen down on the floor. Now I can't shut it and the screen is just white. The bottom bit of the frame around the screen is bent away and you can see wirey bits inside.

I rung apple but the man gabbled at me and i couldn't understand what he was saying.

Is there any way this could be fixed or is my computer buggered??:(

oo nasty....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
intel core duo 2 Black Macbook 2gb of ram. 200 gb hardrive,
yea man just update and get a macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 450 MHZ 80GB HD 896 MB RAM; PowerBook G4 17" 1.5 GHz 512MB RAM
I feel your pain i dropped my powerbook g4 last week and i have been searching for a cheap replacement screen and havent found anythin under $300. I think we are gonna have to take everyone elses' advice here and get a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.