Making an install DVD out of my current installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G3 B&W, 512Mb, 30Gb HDD, speed bumped to 450Mhz(by means of jumper pack), ATI Rage 128
I was wondering if i could make an install DVD out of my current installation of OS X. I have a Power Mac G3 B&W. If not, how could i create a backup hdd image and put it on a DVD in case of a system failure. any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Best approach is to use either OS X's Disk Utility or something like SuperDuper to clone your present hard drive to an external hard drive. External FireWire and/or USB 2.0 drives are relatively inexpensive these days. You should check to see what interface(s) your specific Mac can start up from and make sure your ext. drive uses one of those.

A smart move is to make a duplicate of your boot disk prior to every update; that way, you can quickly revert to your pre-update state should something go wrong.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G3 B&W, 512Mb, 30Gb HDD, speed bumped to 450Mhz(by means of jumper pack), ATI Rage 128
cool thanks i shall get a external and try it out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.