mighty mouse not right clicking... sometimes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 1GB
hey all...

i really like my mighty mouse.... overall. but i'm getting tired of the right click! after using it for awhile... (an hour or two) it slowly looses the ability to right click. i'm not imagining it either. then ive noticed i can close the slot on the bottom so it loses the bluetooth connection.. and then open it to reconnect. After about 30 sec. it will reconnect and my right click will work fine. does anyone have any idea what's going on??? i don't. thanks!

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Gee, I wish I could help, but I had the opposite problem! Right click worked when I wanted left. :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I've used my MM since October last year one thing I found was when you right click apply a little pressure with the palm of your hand toward the back of the mouse and then right click. It's easier to do than write about ...Trust me

J

jamesx

you're not alone. i hate this mouse more and more every day. i liked it at first, but the right click is horrible. i wish i would have bought something else. to be honest, the only reason i bought it was because of blue tooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Also make sure you are lifting your left finger completely off the mouse when you go to right click. Ive also noticed that if I use the mouse for a long time the right click simply wont work, so I just close the lid over the sensor and then open it back up and it will work again.

J

jamesx

they really just should have used 2 separate buttons.in my opinion its a major design flaw. other than that i like the mouse. but i am going to buy a different mouse..

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 1GB
thanks guys.. i agree.. i love the mouse, but the right click slowing losing functionality is rediculous. i'll probably just keep it for awhile anywhere. i bet you anything they're slit the shell into two buttons... maybe the style was a little too heavily weighed Vs. function in this case. Oh well.. they can't all be perfect.

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying one

is there a way to make both right and left function as one button?

that way I could just make the scroll button the right click (that's possible, right?)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I was thinking of buying one

is there a way to make both right and left function as one button?

that way I could just make the scroll button the right click (that's possible, right?)

You can not make the ScrollBall button the Right nor Left click. Just checked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.