slow Mac Pro

Reaction score
I have a 2 ghz dual core Mac Pro with 2 gigs of RAM, running 10.4.1. I use it for processing photos with Photoshop CS3. All my applications (including Safari) seem to take a long time to start up and run slowly once they do. In my opinion, this computer is only slightly faster than my 1ghz power mac G4. I ran a disk utility but no problems were found. Do I have a lemon or am I expecting too much?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM
I have a 2 ghz dual core Mac Pro with 2 gigs of RAM, running 10.4.1. I use it for processing photos with Photoshop CS3. All my applications (including Safari) seem to take a long time to start up and run slowly once they do. In my opinion, this computer is only slightly faster than my 1ghz power mac G4. I ran a disk utility but no problems were found. Do I have a lemon or am I expecting too much?

Download Onyx and clear all your cashe's, permissions etc.. and see what happens..

It's completly free... I used it on my G4 Cube and it did seem to iron out the creases...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.