Airport cutting out randomly

Reaction score
Hello all. So no matter if Im at my house, the coffeeshop, or work my Airport will randomly cut out the internet connection. It will be full strength and load pages fast for about 5 webpages. After surfing for a second it will take a webpage forever to load (even though the connection looks strong) only to have the connection drop. I have to turn Airport off and then back on to get the connection back and in which it usually jumps to full strength again.. but after surfing about 5 more pages it does the same thing.

I dont think it is the network as it happens no matter where I go. When I am plugged right into a ethernet cord it doesnt happen. Anyone heard of this problem or now some settings I should look at? I have looked around and am out of troubleshooting ideas.

Thanks in advance!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Which Mac do you own and what version of OSX is installed?

Is it by any chance 10.4.10?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Same issue, count me in. Running a macbook using 10.4.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No-one has a solution for this? Really aggravating me!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
There is a user generated fix that I loaded up yesterday - so far, so good. Basically, you remove the Airport drivers that came with the .10 update and replace them with the drivers from the .9 package. I can say, for me, so far, it's working. I'd proceed with caution, if it's done incorrectly, you could be in a pickle.

Anyhow - the URL:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1017323&tstart=0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great, I just went through all the downloads and steps. Looks good so far. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
I have an update from Apple today for Airport. I'm using .9 drivers as per above but this update is "Airport Extreme Update 2007-003" the last one was 002. Anyone know if this one is safe?

Thanks,

Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
I have an update from Apple today for Airport. I'm using .9 drivers as per above but this update is "Airport Extreme Update 2007-003" the last one was 002. Anyone know if this one is safe?

Thanks,

Adam

That's it trying update the drivers you replaced - I'd avoid it. I got the same thing, I'm just gonna leave it be until either .11 comes out or a 004 update for airport.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am gonna pass on the new airport update until we get some feedback on it. I am sure apple knows about this airport problem, wonder why it's taking so long to get an official fix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16GHz, 23" Cinema Display, iPod Hi-Fi, Airport Extreme/Express, iPod, iPhone 8GB
Put my name on the list. So frustrating. AirTunes is nothing but headaches...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.