Mac Pro doesnt boot

Reaction score
Hi folks,

my Mac Pro doesnt boot anymore. :(
When I switch it on I can hear the HDD spinning up but that is it. The screens remains black. I connected the screen to an existing Powerbook to make sure that one is working.

All the other parts seem to work normally. Like the fan blows etc. But the system does not boot. I cannot even open the optical drive. I think the keyboard does not even get power.

What can I do. Or even better, what is the problem here?

M

MacHeadCase

A couple of things to try, Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on and Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM. Look for your install DVD set, pop it into your optical drive and restart holding down the D key and when prompted, ask for the Extended Test.

Also if you have MainMenu or OnyX, run all the cleaning cache, rebuilding and maintenance tasks, restart, see where that takes you and report back.

If those don't fix anything, can you recall what you did last before this happened? Any new peripheral connected to your Mac? Any new software you installed right before? Any new setting in your preferences?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM
Hi folks,

my Mac Pro doesnt boot anymore. :(
When I switch it on I can hear the HDD spinning up but that is it. The screens remains black. I connected the screen to an existing Powerbook to make sure that one is working.

All the other parts seem to work normally. Like the fan blows etc. But the system does not boot. I cannot even open the optical drive. I think the keyboard does not even get power.

What can I do. Or even better, what is the problem here?

Hmmm.... Quite an issue u've got...
Go with MacHeadCase's plan...
But strange that you say you dont think the keyboard doesn't get power...
A really easy way of testing that is by having a mouse plugged into a USB port on ur keyboard because the red optical light will glow...

Also beacause it's a Mac Pro it cant b that old.. is it still under warantee????

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.