• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Harry Potter Book 7 Discussion Thread

Reaction score
*WARNING DO NOT READ ANY FARTHER UNLESS YOU HAVE READ THE BOOK OR DON'T CARE ABOUT READING IT*

I know from reading the harry potter all leaked out thread that people would like to discuss the ending and events in the book without giving it away to people who haven't read it, so this is the place we can do it! I liked the ending and liked how there were so many situations you thought they couldn't get out of even though they ended up winning in the end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I really liked. The only thing I wish the epilogue would have had is what eerybody did for jobs. I really wanted to know what Hermione went on to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
Did anyone cry when Dobby died? I did.

OP
R
Reaction score
I really liked. The only thing I wish the epilogue would have had is what eerybody did for jobs. I really wanted to know what Hermione went on to do.

Yeah that would have been cool if they told all of their jobs instead of just Neville's. And No I didn't cry when Dobby died, but I was sad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 " iMac Core2Duo, 2GHz Processor, 1 Gig of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.3
Did anyone cry when Dobby died? I did.

Yes, and I was shocked when Fred died. It was totally unexpected, and I felt that it wasn't necessary.

I also became teary when Hermione finally kissed Ron. I'm aware it was bound to happen, but the way Jo delievered it was great.

My favorite moment in the whole book was when Harry said Voldemort's name and was discovered by Fenrir and the other Snatchers. I just was trembling, just hoping that they would find a way out of Malfoy Manor. That whole chapter had me at the edge of my seat.

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes, and I was shocked when Fred died. It was totally unexpected, and I felt that it wasn't necessary.

I also became teary when Hermione finally kissed Ron. I'm aware it was bound to happen, but the way Jo delievered it was great.

My favorite moment in the whole book was when Harry said Voldemort's name and was discovered by Fenrir and the other Snatchers. I just was trembling, just hoping that they would find a way out of Malfoy Manor. That whole chapter had me at the edge of my seat.

Yeah, I liked how there was a lot of situations like that. It made the book real intense! I was real surprised when moody died right in the beginning and then fred was a huge shock, but the biggest shock to me was lupin and tonks. They just had a child and they both died leaving the child parent-less. I guess his grandmother raised him. I knew there was gunna be a lot of deaths so I was expecting them to happen. J K Rowling said herself that we were dealing with pure evil so people would die. One part I though was a little cheesy was when Mrs. Weasley started dueling Bellatrix. I also liked that Neville finally had his moment to shine!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
After Harry said Voldemort's name while the Taboo was in place I was yelling at him for being so stupid! haha

I kept hoping that Moody would surprisingly come back since they said that they never found his body. When Harry went back to Grimmauld Place and he heard Moody's voice I was so happy... and then disappointed that it was only a spell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fred, Lupin, and Tonks deaths were the worst.

Fred jsut because I was thinking about George and how he is now twinless.

And Lupin and Tonks for obvious reasons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah it would have been really nice to know what everyone did for a job.. just a little more info so that we have more than just a tiny glimpse of what their lives became with Voldemort gone..

My eyes got a bit watery when Dobby died.. that was just so sad.. if anybody has read the Dark Tower series then they will know who I likened Dobby's death to.

Yeah I was bummed when Fred died, but it made it more realistic.

That wasn't the first time that Hermione and Ron had kissed! They had been dating forever :) You just hear suggestions of it, this time she actually described it! But yeah that part was funny and interesting especially when it happened :)

I loved it when Mrs Weasley went off on Bellatrix! That was awesome! It was just another example of what the entre series was about.. where normal people become great due to the decisions they make. It was the perfect example. Someone who is an amazing magician, but doesn't use it for evil and doesn't flaunt it, but when pressed and when the family is in danger, you see just how powerful they really are.. the true heroes.. that part wasn't cheesy to me.. that part was beautiful! :)

And yeah I almost cried when Neville went out there to confront Voldemort on his own, that was awesome, even though he knew it would probably end in his death.. another hero!

I loved the confidence that Harry had finally there at the end. He had faced his death, was willing to die, had accepted it and once that happened.. then he could truly live. If we could learn as much!

It really was an amazing series, so many lessons, so many beautiful moments, Im actually a bit sad that it's all over.

OP
R
Reaction score
After Harry said Voldemort's name while the Taboo was in place I was yelling at him for being so stupid! haha

I kept hoping that Moody would surprisingly come back since they said that they never found his body. When Harry went back to Grimmauld Place and he heard Moody's voice I was so happy... and then disappointed that it was only a spell.

Well someone did get his body because his eye was on dolores' door. I was hoping he would come back and when they heard his voice I got happy too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
my favorite quote so far is,"Perhaps just one more, Master Harry, for luck?" lol, that was great.

OP
R
Reaction score
I loved it when Mrs Weasley went off on Bellatrix! That was awesome! It was just another example of what the entre series was about.. where normal people become great due to the decisions they make. It was the perfect example. Someone who is an amazing magician, but doesn't use it for evil and doesn't flaunt it, but when pressed and when the family is in danger, you see just how powerful they really are.. the true heroes.. that part wasn't cheesy to me.. that part was beautiful! :)

Great post Murlyn! I can see what your saying here and it does give me more appreciation for that moment in the book! I just thought it was weird that of all the people that could have killed bellatrix it was Mrs. Weasley, but I guess that is the beauty of it!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
my favorite quote so far is,"Perhaps just one more, Master Harry, for luck?" lol, that was great.

Haha yeah that part was so so so funny, and I loved that she wrote that Ron laughed, that was great. And of course Harry's response and then Kreacher's response back, that part was definitely comic relief :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didnt mind when Mrs. Weasley fought Bellatrix but I thought the ***** line was so cheesy and dumb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 " iMac Core2Duo, 2GHz Processor, 1 Gig of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.3

LOL, I was hoping Harry would let Kreacher wack Mundungus in the head with the pan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
Lupin and Tonks were two of my favourites, so that sucked. Although their deaths were so abrupt that I didn't really feel as much as I did when Dobby died. That one REALLY sucked. And Hedwig. As much as I liked Fred, his death was pretty abrupt too. And the jokes between him and George aren't going to be around anymore, obviously.

One of the best parts is when Kreacher leads the house elves to battle! LOL. I would love to see that scene in the last film.

As much as I love Bellatrix I thought it was so out of character (or at least surprising) and awesome when Mrs. Weasley said that (now-classic) line before killing her off.

Anyway, loved this book. The epilogue felt out of place and too vague. I'm pretty sure J.K. Rowling changed the ending of the novel, but no one really knows why. I'm guessing that she did it after reading people's theories about what would happen and probably wanted a happier ending for Harry.

Reaction score
Ladedardedar...i'm not buying the new book but after reading this topic who knows it seems you guys are getting quite into it...i might have second thoughts!! people i have spoken to have said its good!!! i know someone who bought it on sarurday at 7am and had read it buy 9am the next day :O anyone here read it quicker??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.