how to put to sleep, then turn off wireless keyboard/mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 1GB
Hey All,

I have my macbook setup with a external montior and a wireless keyboard/mouse. setup works awesome, but can't figure this out. i want to put it to sleep, then turn off my keyboard and mouse to save battery. but when i turn them off, it wakes up the macbook and says connection lost... then i have to turn them back on to put it back to sleep, and so forth. is there a way to get around this? obviously i can't turn the mouse and keyboard off and then get it to sleep somehow is there? i suppose i could close the lid, but i'm running it closed already and just using the external monitor. Thanks for any input.

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" mid 2010, 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD
I have the exact same problem... VERY annoying. Anyone able to help?

UPDATE: Command + Option + Eject on the keyboard will send the machine to sleep. The procedure is... turn off your mouse. Press Command + Option + Eject and voila! :)

Reaction score
Go into System Prefs / Keyboard and Mouse / Bluetooth... Deactivate "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer".

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Go into System Prefs / Keyboard and Mouse / Bluetooth... Deactivate "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer".

AWESOME!...a reply to a question that's 5 months old...was already solved by the poster that asked the question in the first place...and overall was a 2+ year old thread!!!;D

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.