custom macbook shipping time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16 GHz, 2GB Ram, Superdrive, 120 GB harddrive. :-)
um, if i ordered a macbook with 2 gb ram. and i got 2 day shipping, how long do you think it would take for this custom order? it says 4 days to assemble 2 days ship but, is it realy going to take that long to just add ram? thanks! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
I had mine with a custom harddrive and it took about 1.5 days before shipping out, and then another 3 days to get here.

Shangai, China --> Anchorage, Alaska --> (information wasn't updated at this point because it was the weekend, but I think it went to Buffalo next) --> Ottawa, Ontario

I ordered from Apple Canada, but I don't think the difference is all that significant.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks! I bet your so happy you have yours!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hey SurfKid,

I see you are in the Outer Banks, glad to see more folks from NC around here :D

I ordered mine with upgraded HD & the 2GB Rams on a Wednesday and Got it on Monday. It shipped out of China on Friday Morning and I had the 2 Day shipping.

Enjoy your Mac, you gonna love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
intel core duo 2 Black Macbook 2gb of ram. 200 gb hardrive,
i got my black macbook with 2gb of ram and a 200 gb hardrive and it took 3 business days just to ship out then took about another 2 business day to arrive and i paid the 18 dollars for the 2 day shipping

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah thanks, MinaMACMan, alot of my friends go to collage in Wilmington. Yep, i just checked the order status on it and it says "Prepared for Shipment" So, it should ship out tomorow morning. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Sweeet... you should all Mac'ed up by Thursday ;P

Congrats in advance, ENjoy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unfortunately mine was sent with the wrong specs (120 GB instead of the 160 GB I ordered), so I have to send it back. I think I'll have to wait another 2 weeks since I won't even be here next week :(

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:( ouch, that sucks.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, my macbook should be here friday :) its in alaska right now.

Reaction score
i dont understand, why would you order ur macnook with upgraded RAM from apple when they charge a tremedous amount of money for something you can do yourslef and only pay like 80 dollars.....i think apple charges like 170 or 180, thats almost 100 dollars diference

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, i realized that after i ordered it. but whatever. the status is "On FedEx vehicle for delivery." So i would assume that means it should be here today?? which would be one day early, according to the Estimated delivery from Fedex?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, it should be there today. Actually, you probably have it right now as I am typing this ;)

As for my Macbook problem, I decided to get a refund for the mistake Apple made of not upgrading my HD like I asked. However, I noticed that they accidentally put in 2GB of RAM, which would normally be great except that I had already bought extra RAM in anticipation of my new Macbook. So now I have all this extra RAM, and not the larger HD I asked for.

Sucks, but at least I got a refund for the HD part. And I especially like Mac OS X.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
your right! i am typing this on my macbook. I. love. it. :D yeah that sucks about your problem. at least they gave you extra ram... haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.