• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

6G iPod interface?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 120gb HD, 2.0ghz, 1gb Ram.
Impressive if its real

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
Actually, I'm sort of underwhelmed. From what I've seen of the iPhone's iPod interface (I don't own one), this pales in comparison. I want a multi-touch widescreen iPod, and I think Apple will deliver it.

Reaction score
Is this related to what was on Mac Rumors, before the Apple legal folks made them remove it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
That is exactly the same video that Apple Legal had them pull off. But I agree with brentsax. If the next iPod doesn't come out with a Multi Touch Widescreen there will be a lot of disappointment. I know for sure I will be disappointed.

OP
Mattlike
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
That would be amazing! The screen is perfect for viewing movies (It hurts ur eyes to watch a movie on the 5G).

Im all for it!

PS. I havent seen in person the ipod interface on the iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 120gb HD, 2.0ghz, 1gb Ram.
Look at the youtube link.

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Apple, Inc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
Probably because the product is close to what they're planning to make and perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I hope so - I'd love a widescreen iPOD with the calendar functions of iPhone/iCal, but without AT&T...;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I have mixed feelings, I still like the tactile feeling. I like being able to push the buttons on my ipod. it makes easier when driving (oh no i don't ;) ) With something that is all touchscreen, you would have to fumble with both hands. Sometimes thats just not convenient. Or if you're walking and you have things in your hands, changing artists or songs would be a hassle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
According to Thinksecret, its real...

http://thinksecret.com/news/0707ipod.html

iPod update on the horizon
July 26, 2007 - Apple's full-size iPod is being primed for an update that could arrive as early as the first-half of August, sources report. The revision will feature neither a touch-screen nor will run a scaled down version of Mac OS X like the iPhone, however—those updates are not scheduled until 2008.

Apple engineers are said to have shaved the height of the iPod while maintaining the same 320x240 resolution display and click-wheel as the current 5.5G iPod. The saved space will shrink about an inch off the device and give it proportions that in some ways more resemble a BlackBerry.

The new iPod, which Apple will most likely refer to as the 6G model, will also be the first to sport a refreshed iPod OS. Sources have confirmed that the recent leak of a video featuring shots of the new operating system are legitimate and say the interface borrows several design cues from the iPhone.

Word of an improved iPod OS first surfaced nearly two years ago; sources at that time shared in confidence with Think Secret that Apple's executive team was strongly pushing for a new interface for the 5G iPod, but that the improvements could not be delivered in time for that iPod's roll-out.

Sources also report the new black iPod will be less glossy than previous models and feature a finish that better matches the black MacBook. Those same sources have also seen prototypes in colors other than black and white, suggesting Apple may finally expand its full-size iPod line to other colors, as it has done with the iPod mini, nano, and shuffle previously. It is unclear whether the decision to offer other colors has been finalized, however.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.