Jumping Cursor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iBook G4, eMac
When I'm typing, the cursor jumps to another location in that message and enters the next characters in a different place, which I have to delete, then return to the last point of entry. Sometimes it deletes what I just typed (just did it then). The Apple Store genius said it's because I have some old PowerMac software running in background, but I haven't been able to determine whether some of those can be deleted without ruining the function of an application (like Quicken Scheduler, for example).
I've just completed a backup to 4 DVD's, and I'm going to re-install, but that will be a step back, since I've upgraded to 10.4.10 already. Suggestions, please.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iBook G4, eMac
Answering my own question, after help from son-in-law...! If you're using a mouse (I have Mighty Mouse attached through Bluetooth) go to System Preferences, unselect all Trackpad Gestures, and then select "Ignore trackpad when mouse is present." That seems to have tamed my kangaroo cursor.

M

MacHeadCase

Thanks for posting the solution to this problem, BillMatt! Glad your problem got solved. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.