• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Taking a laptop to College!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Do you guys ever find that laptop battery life is sometimes a problem? What do you do if you have a few lectures a day and you are working at a place where you can not plug your laptop in?

When your working with a laptop do you just use the toutchpad or a mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I think every IT student should have a laptop, Iphone, Ipod and so on... Technology is your biz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Do you guys ever find that laptop battery life is sometimes a problem? What do you do if you have a few lectures a day and you are working at a place where you can not plug your laptop in?

When your working with a laptop do you just use the toutchpad or a mouse?

You can always buy a second battery. With my HP notebook I can get up to 6 hours battery from my 2 batteries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.66GHz Mac Mini; 2.2GHz MacBook Pro; 4GB iPod Mini; 30GB iPod Video; 2 20" ACDs
I was told that some students do, however, its not recommended as the college has Computers and bringing your own laptop, means you aren't communicating with people and making friends at break times, apparently.
That's the weirdest reason I have ever heard. I bring my laptop everyday to school, and I find that it actually starts conversations. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch
Well, I'm a student at the University of Texas at Austin, and I use my MacBook everyday, whether it is taking notes in class or writing reports. Actually, I couldn't imagine being at school without my MacBook. We also have to do some homework online and submit it over the internet, and I would hate to have to go to a computer lab to do that every day...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
what would you say the most usefull sofware you use is for using your macbook in school/college/university?

What program do you use to take lecture notes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Basic MB
Would not have been without it.

A mac helps you socialize chicks love the white apple stuff. It's creepy...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch
what would you say the most usefull sofware you use is for using your macbook in school/college/university?

What program do you use to take lecture notes?

I bought the student edition of Microsoft Office, so I use Word to take notes, and it works great. What software gets used the most, lol, iTunes, without a doubt. Other than that, I use Word, Transmission, iCal, PowerPoint, iPhoto. iMovie, Pages, Numbers, Handbrake...The best thing about having it here is the convenience that it provides.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.