Sharp edges

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I have a Core Duo education macbook. I can barely use my macbook because the edges of the keyboard area are so sharp, especially the little corners on the identation where the screen meets the bottom where you open it. They hurt!!! I have to be really careful to steer clear of the edges when I type. Does anyone else have this problem?? Is this a problem on the C2Ds? How do I get around this? It is very annoying!! I was thinking of getting a personal macbook at some point, but if this is still a problem, I definitely won't!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
hm...i have a core duo macbook too, and although my wrists don't touch the edges when i type, i just rubbed my wrists continually along the edges and it didn't hurt at all, it simply wasn't sharp. maybe yours is different than mine?? *shrug*

Reaction score
wow

I've seen this mentioned before, but I still have no idea what people are talking about

y'all must have soft skin

OP
kuklachica
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I am exaggerating a little that I can barely use it.. but I really need to steer clear of the edges, especially the latch area. It is VERY annoying and uncomfortable, and I much prefer to use my husband's iBook G4 to my new macbook. If I ever buy a laptop, I think I'll buy a used iBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive
I've had my Macbook for about 2 weeks now, and if I concentrate really hard, I mean really concentrate, I can feel some discomfort. Otherwise, this isn't an issue at all for me.

I've heard of people sanding the edges down very carefully. If you go this route, definitely make sure you read up on it.

Symon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD
I wear long sleeve t-shirts. It solves the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook w/ 2.16GHz Duo & 2GB RAM
I have never experienced a problem with the edges on mine. But I don't find any part of my hands or wrists encountering the edges (and I have fairly large hands). Maybe mine is different as it's just over a month old. I think in this situation, I might find some extremely light sandpaper and VERY lightly rub it along the edges to smooth it down. I'd definitely be extremely careful though. I don't know if they make sandpaper that light.

Reaction score
I have big hands

one hand is nearly the the length (vertically) of the key board

Reaction score
This bothers me too. When I sit at a desk or table it isn't so bad, but when I sit in the couch with my MB on my lap it hurts. Oh well, it's nice hardware nonetheless.

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)
I have experienced the same problem. My lower palms hurts when i rest my hands on the MacBook while typing. Well nothing is perfect I guess...

Reaction score
I have experienced the same problem. My lower palms hurts when i rest my hands on the MacBook while typing. Well nothing is perfect I guess...
I have to make a conscious effort to arch my wrists UP to avoid numbness in my fingers.

Reaction score
After reading this i went into PCworld to try out the MB (my family have one but its an old one i am purchasing my new one when leopard comes out) and after about 20minutes use of typing and using photo booth i noticed the "sharp" edges did not effect me. I didnt even notice them!! So maybe its just older MB because on our familys MB you do notice it slightly...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.