PB or IB?

T

themorrison

I wanted to get some input here:

I could either get a complete pimped G4 Ibook 1.2 (14",768 RAM, Superdrive, the works)
or a G4 15" Powerbook 1.33 (Combo, 256 RAM, Basic model)

I plan using it for demoing songs with a pro tools M-box, So I am leaning towards the powerbook for the bus speed and update RAM later,
but the Ibook would be pretty awesome too... thought anyone?

OP
T

tekno_geek911

Go for the PowerBook...Has a better screen with a higher resolution,better speakers,faster bus,better video card,PC card slot,Firewire 800,built in Bluetooth,faster RAM,backlit keyboard option.

OP
C

Chamorro

tekno_geek911 said:
Go for the PowerBook...Has a better screen with a higher resolution,faster bus,better video card,PC card slot,Firewire 800,built in Bluetooth,faster RAM

I agree.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
tekno_geek911 said:
Go for the PowerBook...Has a better screen with a higher resolution,better speakers,faster bus,better video card,PC card slot,Firewire 800,built in Bluetooth,faster RAM,backlit keyboard option.
I concur, screen resolution is higher in the 15" powerbooks, and with audio software you will be glad of the space...

the 14" ibook on the other hand displays just the same as the 12" ibook, stuff just looks bigger...(i.e. waste of space)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.