HTTPMail Plug-in

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)
Hi:

I installed this plug-in a few days ago but just can't find a way to get it to work. Anyway, I've now decided to un-install it but there something I don't understand:

"How do I get rid of this thing?
1. To de-install the plugin, you must delete the httpmail.mailbundle folder in the Bun-
dles folder of the current user.The path is likely to be: Macintosh HD / Users / [cur-
rent user name] / Library / Mail / Bundles. You must also delete every http-Mail
folder that was created in the Bundles folder.
2. Then you must de-activate the plug-in by executing the following command in a
Terminal window, paying great attention to the exact spelling:
defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles 0"

This is the un-installation procedure... #1 is fine but I'm having trouble with the second step. And my question is... What is a "Terminal window"? Sorry if this sound ignorant but I've just got my first Mac, I'm still trying to get use to OS X on my laptop while using Windows XP on my desktop.
Any imput is welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Go to Applications-> Utilities-> Terminal.

Paste in the above command and hit return.

The terminal lets you access the UNIX underpinnings of OS X and execute commands directly without a graphical interface. This used to be how all computing was done...

Nowadays you'll only need to use it for certain tasks...

OP
cNK

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.