powermac g4 dual 450mhz

Reaction score
i have been offered a powermac g4 dual 450 with 512mb ram and 30gig hard drive i was wondering if this would be ideal for my design course and i was wondering if my mates price of £70 ($143) is good for this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM
Its a good price, a very good price IMO. I'd buy it, and it would give you pretty decent performance for a computer of its age.

Mac2Sell.net thinks that it is worth £210

http://www.mac2sell.net/permalink/?id=2526981db7d0d2a0f86549a5eb2f8b9a

well mac2sell must really have it wrong!!!!!
I bought my Power mac G4 from eBay for £60 inc. delivery..
(But with a few things missing like HDD etc..)
I say Go for it!!!!! £70 with 512RAM and with HDD is a bargin... also that it's ur mate so you know that you can check it out b4 buying it...

If you want it for doing some pretty heavy stuff.. RAM don't cost too much..
2 x 512Mb (1Gb) from ebay will set you back around £30..
and if you load (I think it's OS X 10.3 or more resent.. go for 10.4 to be sure) You can put a max of 2Gb!!!!!!
Pre-10.3 you can only have 1.5Gb..

Also if you really feel like going all out (but this can get expensive) you can get a new processor from Sonnet Ranging upto a Dual 1.8Ghz... (But u'll see what I mean when you look at the price tag)
The price for getting A top processor and maxing the ram you could just about find a bargin low end G5 power mac...

But my advice is stick with the same Processor and max out the Ram...
This'll b a cheap but nippy lil' computer setting you back only £130!!!!

Everyone will agree that anyone will be happy with a power mac G4 with 2Gb RAM.. for £130..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.