Need to replace my XP pro laptop

Reaction score
I've been advised to consider a mac! So does anyone know of a good place to compare windows & mac OSX Tiger from a web developers point of view.

I do small scale web dev. on my own and need all the packages. I would want to transfer my Studio 8 software. Is this feasible so I don't have to buy again?

Mind's buzing with questions.

Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Windows software doesnt install on mac osx
so if you dont want to purchase windows applications again you will either have to use bootcamp or paralells.

Comparision site

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.2Ghz, 4GB Memory, 120GB HDD, LCD Display, OS X Tiger
Windows software doesnt install on mac osx
so if you dont want to purchase windows applications again you will either have to use bootcamp or paralells.

Comparision site

true, Windows software doesn't install on OS X but some discs (especially from Adobe) are hybrid discs allowing you to install on either Windows or OS X. I don't know for sure about Studio 8 but I know CS3 and a few older programs are hybrids.

My opinion for web development is that Intel Macs are the perfect platform for web development. You have all the necessary tools available to you along with the ability to use BootCamp, Parallels, or VMWare Fusion to test cross OS compatibility. It's the perfect solution. I don't think for one second you'd regret getting a Mac for Web development. To actually be able to play on the machines side by side I think you'd have to find an Apple Authorized Retailer that also has Win boxes like a CompUSA.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.