Noise in the Left Side

Reaction score
My Macbook Pro started to "buzz" in the left front side (where the speaker is) and it stop and comes. I think is maybe the fan working a little bit more because the temperature, but I made the Hardware test and showed the next code error:

4MOT/1/40000002: Left_upper-front

Im worried about it, does anybody knows about these code error?

Please coment!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
My Macbook Pro started to "buzz" in the left front side (where the speaker is) and it stop and comes. I think is maybe the fan working a little bit more because the temperature, but I made the Hardware test and showed the next code error:

4MOT/1/40000002: Left_upper-front

Im worried about it, does anybody knows about these code error?

Please coment!

How old is your MBP? If it's quite new then you should be able to get it replaced. Otherwise if it's still under warranty or you've got AppleCare - you should try calling Apple to discuss this issue.

OP
P
Reaction score
In October will have a year. I found some Support Mac help than says it's maybe more than 35C temperature, and the fan got desperate...jejeje. But it's still freaky. I have so much work..and should make some backups before take it to repair. But anyway it still havent "buzz" again today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Take it in. Your Mac is detecting trouble with the fans. :)

M

MacHeadCase

I googled up the error message, "4MOT/1/40000002: Left_upper-front" and this means that your left fan is dead. I think you need to take back your MBP for repairs pronto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
That'll be happening to mine pretty soon ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
isn't that where the processor is,:(
I wouldn't use the computer until you get it fixed

Good Luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.